Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 64 of 64

Thread: Anamorphic S8

  1. #61
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not talking slightly, I mean I had to zoom in about 60-75 of my telephoto range before it stopped.
    I was prepared for a little vignetting, but it was BAAAAD!
    I was shocked, because I paid $400 for these two lenses.
    I was really committed to doing this, and it was a big letdown.
    I'm just saying this to warn those of you out there, thinking of buying an Anamorphic projector lens.
    If you do, you need one that has a HUGE mount side, much, much larger than the diameter of your lens.
    So if your lens is 67mm, you're going to have to find an A lens that is like 80+mm to work, and I'm not even sure about that!
    This was a huge dissapointment to me.
    Also, keep this in mind:
    when shooting anamorphic, your camera has to be absolutely level, side to side, or the image is distorted.
    It stretches the objects in a really strange way.
    You can see this in the example on the Super 8 SOund (Pro8mm, whatever) sample videotape.
    They're hand holding a camera, with an anamorphic lens, and it goes into a slight dutch tilt, and the people get this weird stretch sideways.... Really strange.
    Something to be aware of. It's not a subtle effect, it was really stupid looking...

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  2. #62
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh man . . . this thread is huge! I can't just let this thread die. Not with so many posts and no answered questions. It's now a moral imperitive to see this though and find the perfect camera and anamorphic combination to make a short super 8mm film with! My last concern in all of that is what anamorphic lens to buy for the projector, as I plan on showing my films with a projector. Don't I need a bracket for that?

    ------------------
    Konton the Grey

  3. #63
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thought someone would like to see this: http://members.macconnect.com/users/...creen/235.html
    I surf the net way too much.

    ------------------
    Konton the Grey

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My advice...
    GIVE UP!!!

    I tried it, and it didn't work out for me.
    Besides, Super 8 has just so much grain per mm.
    There's nothing you can do really to increase the resolution.
    Anamorphic is only a resolution increaser, if you absolutely are going to go widescreen, and would otherwise have to CROP the top & bottom of the image, which of course, would decrease resolution.
    So under those circuimstances, it would increase the resolution you would be otherwise losing, but I'm telling you, you need a BIG FREAKIN LENS ADAPTER to go over your lens, without any vinetting.
    MUCH larger than the end of your lens.
    Good luck finding one...
    I couldn't.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •